Food and Beverage Operations Manager
We do things a little differently at Hotel Indigo Kuala Lumpur On The Park and we are looking for evolutionary Food and Beverage talent from any industry to lead our food and beverage teams in launching the first ever Hotel Indigo in Malaysia. When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are because we know that a team with different perspectives and skills can only make our business stronger.
Hotel Indigo Kuala Lumpur On The Park is scheduled to open Q4 2023 and we are now seeking a Food and Beverage Operations Manager to drive the pre-opening and operating agenda of this vibrantly designed lifestyle hotel located in the key location of Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur.
As the first Hotel Indigo in Malaysia, you will introduce this inspired brand to a new market and country.
The hotel will boast 180 tastefully decorated rooms, each designed to reflect the hotels neighborhood story, our story is built around the spirit of evolution, as such we need an evolutionary food and beverage leader to bring this story to life.
Our facilities include an infinity pool, fully equipped fitness center and our neighborhood café and bar, offering seamless service and array of experiences reflecting this expressive neighborhood.
This role oversees and directs all aspects of the hotels food and beverage department activities including restaurants, conference and events and bars and leads both culinary and food and beverage service teams.
Responsibilities include the development of food and beverage department strategies and plans, across operations, commercial and finance; oversee and assist with the execution of food and beverage systems, tools and projects. Management of systems and compliance to IHG and Malaysian standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct the operation of the kitchen(s) and service teams, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled.
· Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
· Participate in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
· Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
· Manage day-to-day kitchen and service activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
· Solicit guest feedback to improve food and beverage quality.
· Assist with addressing customer questions and issues relating to kitchen services.
· Create innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items, increase sales, and increase guest patronage. Assist in the development and implementation of new menus and local food and beverage marketing programs, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs.
· Leading menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc.
· Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
· Develop menus design and concepts for all food and/or bar outlets, and catering events.
· Monitor competitor and industry trends.
· Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimise waste and pilferage.
· Ensure that all kitchen and service equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
· Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards and hotel or company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate would come from a strong food and beverage background with the ability to develop and execute winning food and beverage strategies
Individual must be friendly, enjoy learning new things and working in a team environment. Must be flexible, willing to work smart, get along well with others and have the passion to go the extra mile to surprise and delight our guests.
At Hotel Indigo® Kuala Lumpur On The Park we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
Be Vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, and confident.
Be Curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
Be Original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Food and Beverage Manager to step up in their career and oversee all food and beverage activities within the hotel. You'll report directly to the General Manager leading both the service and culinary teams and you’ll play a key role in supporting the overall success of the hotel.
Ideally, you'll have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in culinary, food and beverage or related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the food and beverage field, hotel experience is not necessary.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
We’re already a global company – currently we operate a family of hotel brands, including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express have around 754,265 rooms in over 5,200 hotels in nearly 100 countries around the world – but we think we can do so much more. All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating Great Hotels Guests Love®.
Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Perks & Benefits
- Employee equity
- Commission and bonus
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
- Nearby public transport
- Central location
- Regular team activities
- Medical insurance
- Personal leave
- Personal development opportunities