Purpose of Post
To select suppliers who will supply materials at the optimum acquisition cost ensuring quality standards are maintained and departmental goals achieved.
- Responsible for maintaining the material cost on the Bill of Materials for all products within the commodities you are responsible for and ensuring costs are less than the current sales quotation per contract.
- Responsible for issuing requests for quotation (RFQ’s) for any new parts added to the Bill of Materials within the allotted components.
- Populate Sage System with the price, lead-time and supplier details as necessary.
- To manage the engineering process, to purchase new parts and ensure the suppliers are supplying to the correct revisions of drawings.
- Liaise with supplier on delivery key performance indicators – such as shortages, quality & invoice queries.
- To actively contribute to achieving departmental goals and objectives. Relating to supplier reduction and cost reductions.
- To initiate supplier agreements and see them through to implementation
- To actively contribute to New Product Introduction projects.
Source new suppliers for items within the allocated commodities.
- Discuss with suppliers to achieve optimum batch sizes and hence reduce costs.
- To analyze the cost of manufacture of parts considering the cost of raw materials, labour costs, machining costs to ensure the company is getting value for money from the subcontracting supply base.
- To compare drawings of new parts with existing parts to ensure cost increases or decreases are justified.
- Recover money owed from suppliers for non-performance and warranty claims.
- Undertake all duties in line with General Data Protection and maintain utmost level of confidentiality.
- Ensure that you treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner in accordance with the Dignity at Work Procedure.
- Wrightbus is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection based on merit.
- You are required to adhere to and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy throughout the course of your employment.
- You must maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- You must follow the training received when using any work items Wrightbus has provided.
- You must co-operate with others on health and safety and not interfere with, or misuse, anything provided for their health, safety, or welfare.
- You must take care of your own health and safety and that of people who may be affected by what you do (or do not do).
- Staying away from home on occasions will be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
- Completing basic administrative tasks, filling in company forms or documents, WMPs.
- You will ensure that your work area is maintained in a safe and tidy manner.
Perks & Benefits
- Allowance (travel stipends, transportation, etc.)
Lot 6467, Lorong Sungai Puloh, Batu 6
Click to view the location on Google maps